Monday 16 December 2013

A Velvet Crush





Leggings - Asos
Tartan Shirt - Zara
Crop Top - Topshop
Frilly Socks - Topshop
Converse - JD Sports
Chain - River Island
Ring - Primark
Scrunchie - Unsure...had this for years!

Another week, another impulse buy! Once again I gave in to a tempting Asos sale item in the form of these black crush velvet leggings. You might have already noticed, velvet has made a revival, fitting in with the baroque trend which has emerged this Autumn/Winter and especially in the lead up to Christmas as we begin to see velvet dresses - perfect for a party outfit!

I decided to go for a more sensible option, opting for some leggings to keep myself cosy - a bargain price of £17.50 helped persuaded me even more. If you're looking for something which is a bit different, I would suggest adding some velvet as the change in texture can make something as simple as a pair of leggings that little bit more interesting. Here I've gone for a kind of 90's/grunge theme with a scrunchie, a baggy crop top and a tartan shirt. 



Julia
X


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Absolutely love this!! I've become a little obsessed with velvet lately and everything nineties!!

    www.emmaquillage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I know I'm exactly the same! X

      Delete
  2. You have kept the overall outfit simple and yet attractive. Those leggings look lovely so it is good that you decided to buy them. I also want to buy some Designer Leggings but I’m confused at the moment as there is so many wonderful options to choose from these days.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig