Wednesday 4 September 2013

LBD - Time for an update?


Every girl has at least one little black dress in their wardrobe - in fact, I have at least five - purely because it's a staple piece no woman can live without. But every now and again, I feel my little black dress selection needs an update, and after spying this 'Oh My Love' halterneck dress, I had found the perfect replacement!


Night Stalker Black Halter Neck Mesh Panel Textured Dress
£39 - Oh My Love



I love this dress as the neck and back details take the classic little black dress style but make it a little more interesting. 'Oh My Love' is available in Topshop (click here), or for more of a selection I would suggest visiting their own website - this is where I purchased the dress. Click here.


 This dress also fits perfectly with the trends of the little black dress emerging this season which are explained in more detail below...


Turn Up The Heat

This season designers cranked up the heat in relation to the little black dress. It's all about tight bodycon, sheer panelling, mesh, or revealing bits of skin to create a less refined and seductive look. However, this has to be worn carefully so that it still looks sophisticated! 



Mesh Panel Bodycon Dress
Little Mistress - £58 (on sale on Asos)

This bodycon dress balances just the right amount of leg with sleeves, adding the interest of the hints of skin!


Vesper Pencil Dress
Asos - £56



The leather effect on the straps and the cut out sections provide a more flirtatious detail, balanced out by the slightly longer length.



So keeping this in mind, I hope you manage to find the perfect LBD for this season!

Julia 
x

 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig