Monday 26 August 2013

Jaunty in a Jumpsuit


A few weeks ago I decided to purchase my first ever jumpsuit! I've always loved jumpsuits since they made a comeback, but I've never had the guts to actually buy one. I recently wore my jumpsuit on a night out and I love it, especially because it's comfortable but dressy enough to wear out. Also, it's basically a chic onesie and since I'm obsessed with onesies I was convinced very easily. 


My Jumpsuit from Asos


I chose a black jumpsuit because it is apparently 'slimming and sophisticated' - the cut out detail adding a bit of interest. I wore this with red strappy heels and a red clutch bag to add a bit of colour to the outfit. I actually found that the jumpsuit elongated my legs as the cut out section just above the waist made my legs seem longer (even though I am still short). 



It turned out that this had actually been good timing on my part as I started to notice an abundance of jumpsuits being worn by a number of celebrities at various events. 

Rihanna wearing Adidas Originals Jumpsuit


Miley Cyrus wearing Balmain Jumpsuit
Cameron Diaz in Halter Neck Jumpsuit



Day Time Look

One of my favourite things about jumpsuits is that they are so versatile - dress them up for night time or wear through the day for a more casual look. I would team a subtle floral print jumpsuit with sandals for a cute day time look. Adding a tailored blazer can make it a little more sophisticated for a work look!


Sandals - Topshop
Jumpsuit - Vivienne Westwood
Blazer - Mango



Selena Gomez Jumpsuit - Day Time Look


Give the jumpsuit a try!

Julia
x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig